Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Day After Interview

After the much anticipated release of The Day After Mix by KiDD Saturday and DJ Grizzly, I sat down with KiDD and got the inside story of the mix!!




Starling: What exactly is The Day After, for those who haven't heard it?

KiDD Saturday: The day after is fictional musical tale of the events to follow “The Day After” the world ends, told from the perspective of myself, KiDD Saturday, and DJ Grizzly.


S: Where did the idea for the mix come from?

KS: I am very fascinated with the spook of 2012 being the end of the world, so I really just wanted to touch basis with the “voodoo” topic.  Although I don’t really believe the world will end, I think something big is coming.


S: What was it like making, how was it working close to someone your such good friends with?

KS: Tough! Despite being friends, this was something totally new to us, as we both operate independently with our sounds/music.  It was a dope experience though; meshing to distinct realms, to embody an intriguing and heavy plot.


S: Whats the meaning behind it?

KS: It holds a heavier meaning, as I am trying to convey what we need to do now, as a mass, if we are to come together...ever.  If you don’t get what I mean, I want to change the world...seriously, so the specific interludes used within the mix were to help paint the picture, especially the last track, “Still Hope.”


S: Where did the idea for the video come from, and what was that like making?

KS: My mind is a crazy place. My thoughts took me on this adventure to the end of the world, so I figured I would take everyone else.


S: What kinda of responses have come from it?

KS: Nothing but love.  Those who have listened to it, have shown their respect.  they hear good music, but they get an even better message...that’s exactly what we are trying to do.


S: Whats The next step?

KS: As for me, T.L.A, the 2nd mixtape is in the works with exclusive producer Bryce Malone.  That mix will definitely be something to bump this summer!  As for now, be on the lookout for me June 30th as I will be shutting it down at the 1st annual NODA Summer Musicfest in Charlotte, NC.



Make sure you go down load the mix over at SoundCloud and stay tuned to KiDD Saturday over at Twitter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment