Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Interview With Hero

Shot an email to my man Na'Jee Kenan, AKA Hero, out in New York with some interview questions on them and he got back to me not twenty minuets later! now that's awesome!! Any way so happy with the answers that I got I had to put them up right away!! So here you go, Enjoy!!  

Starling: Whats Your Inspiration?

Hero: I love not only the rap aspect of music but the composition and music of it all. From production and making certain notes give people emotions. It's hard for some people to understand but ha. I don't know how else to explain


Starling: What does music mean to you?

Hero: Everything. It's all I really care about and the only thing I've ever stuck with. To a lot of people it's no more than a hobby 


Starling: How Did you get started?

Hero: MY older brother Tavon. He used to bring his friends over when I was about 7 and they would Cypher. One day I jumped in trying to battle everyone and I was actually alright. It turned me into what I am now hah.


Starling: What are you working on right now?

Hero: My second mix tape. I'm not sure about the name as of now but I will be. And also a collaboration mix tape with a close friend and music partner TC1


Starling: Who would you like to work with?

Hero: Um industry wise, my DREAM collabs are, Frank Ocean he's so insightful. Big Sean, Em and honestly thats about it. I have other industry influences but those are the only ones I feel could make a GREAT song with me. And with me, it's not about who you are but What kind of magic we can make. Underground, Tsu Surf, Hi Rez. As far as my other dream collabs, they are actually looking good as of now.


Starling: Where would you like to take music?

Hero: World wide. I don't have a genre so I feel like I can take it to every corner of this planet.


Starling:Favorite artist?

Hero: Pac, Nas, Em, Big Sean, Kanye, John Legend, Frank Ocean.


Starling: Songs your feeling these days?

Hero: "Bliss" off of the good music album. The guitar is amazing and John's vocals do it justice. I'm a guitar player myself... That and 24 karrot gold by Big Sean


Starling: Best Album of all time?

Hero: AHH tough one. Idk I like the Slim Shady LP. MM LP but I'm a HUGE illmatic fan.


Starling: You just released Hakuna Matata, what kind of responses are you getting from it?

Hero: I honestly have YET to hear a bad thing about it. Everyone LOVES it and says it has replay value. It really showed my town I got this. lol. I'm honestly really happy it got the acceptance it did because its sooo random as far as genre and I didn't know where my crowd or audience would be. Apparently it's everywhere. I put a lot into it so it means a lot that people are praising it as they are. Ya know? 



So there you have it! Hero is a well rounded artists who kills His first mixtape!! Go get it right here and follow Him on Twitter @ItzHero!!

No comments:

Post a Comment